Indoor Plant Maintenance Company Mountain View
Many people want to raise a couple of indoor plants in Mountain View, CA, but have no idea how to go about it. The common perception amongst many is that indoor plant maintenance is highly challenging, but in reality, that’s not the case.
Think about why you want to invest in indoor plants? Many people do so because it brightens things up; for others, it boosts their mood. Plus contrary to popular belief indoor plant maintenance in Mountain View is easy, and with all the health benefits, if you don’t have at least half a dozen in your home or office, then you are missing out on better indoor air quality at the very least.
If you are new to indoor plants or want to have a few in your home or office, then this simplified guide to getting the right ones will be helpful.
How to Buy Indoor Plants?
Many people assume that they might have to grow the plants themselves. However, you can buy mature and healthy indoor plants available in their containers. That said you will need to plan for two scenarios:
- The first being that if the plant is getting too big, which it can after a few months, it has to be put in a larger container.
- The second if you want to grow bulbs then you’ll need to plant the bulbs on your own.
How Much Light is Needed?
All plants need light and its something we’ve learnt in grade school. However, some plants like cacti and succulents will need a lot of daylight and especially sunlight. Any plants with foliage need around eight hours of light. So, the amount of light that a plant needs will vary.
Now there are several other things you’ll want to consider when choosing an indoor plant which includes:
- One that has a strong rooting system – Now this is very important. You can’t pull a plant out of the pot to check how strong its roots are, but you can do it with a small plant. Generally, thick, light color roots are a sign of good health.
- Foliage -When it comes to indoor plant maintenance in Mountain View, if you aren’t able to see through it, then it is as think as it should be.
- Check it for Diseases – Signs of a plant that’s sick is sticky residue, white dots, and bad odor.
Indoor Plants that are the Easiest to Maintain
In our experience, some indoor plants are relatively easier to maintain than others. Though most if not all indoor plants are easier to maintain as compared to other plants. Generally, the following plants are seen as being the easiest to maintain:
- ZZ plant
- Most succulents
Usually, plants that require the least amount of water and light make for great indoor plants. A couple of common ones are:
- Hedera Helix
- Sansevieria Zeylanica Superba
Speak to an Expert
Many people may still want to find an indoor plant that fits their particular situation like, for instance, they might not be at home for up to a week at times. Fortunately, there are indoor plants that can survive that long, but you’ll need to speak to an expert to find one that best suits your needs.